💫 Looking to learn the basics of statistics with a non-technical introduction? 💫 Want to be more informed about statistics generally speaking? 💫 Need a refresher in statistics ?
This is the book for you then!
Here’s just a handful of topics you’ll find throughout the book:
– why we need statistics
– the PPDAC structure
– counts & proportions
– distributions & continuous variables
– standard deviation
– relationships between variables
– Pearson correlation coefficient
– storytelling with statistics
– inductive inference
– population distribution
– correlation does not imply causation
– Simpson’s paradox
– regression coefficient
– basic regression modeling
– classification and prediction
– assessing performance of an algorithm
– Brier score
– bias/variance trade-off
– probability, uncertainty, variability
– central limit theorem
– confidence interval
– hypothesis testing
– statistical significance
– Bayes’ theorem
– hierarchical modeling
… you get the point right?
This is a GOLDMINE of statistical concepts. I have read this book once, just finished the first round-through this week, but I am entering back through in further detail a second time and examining the examples the author walks through.
There are not books on statistics like this one. It is absolutely one of my go-to books on statistics at the moment.
Check out what others may have said about this subject on Linkedin.
And 👉 Check out my Medium Recommendation for this book, the💡 3 Reasons why you should read the book & sharing with you 📖 why I read the book.